Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Connecting with Alumni Andrea Carrillo

Humor. Chronic Dissatisfaction (the always unfinished project). Borderless.

These are some of the main ideas that have defined my design practice throughout the years.  I believe that as designers, we shouldn’t take ourselves to seriously and we should be able to laugh at ourselves, a little.  Although it may seem negative, my constant dissatisfaction with my work pushes me to improve as a designer and never settle. I strive for a borderless practice, where I become an anthropologist, a writer, a content creator: attempting to redefine what a graphic designer is.

I am a graduate from Art Center College of Design. Over the last years I have had the opportunity to collaborate with people and studios from very different industries. My work has spanned from cultural to commercial, with projects for film, architecture, education, advertising, and more.

One of the things that I am most grateful for from studying at SDCC is the professors’ unconditional dedication to the program and its students. Their constant support allowed me to create a portfolio that led to a scholarship at Art Center, and brought me to where I am today.

Some of Andrea's most recent work can be found here.






















No comments:

Post a Comment